The Longest Post I Eber Had.

Well, lots of things have happened and I am not as good as some other people I know at separating my posts and back-dating them, so this post will be long. That's all there is to it. 

First, David graduated. I think we discussed that briefly, but I never cared to put up pictures, so here is one.  (actually, two. We thought he looked a bit like a dementor...)

Then, we found out I'm pregnant. We also found out that it is a BOY. But we didn't find those two things out simultaneously. 

My pregnancy and accompanying sickness (now subsided) helped us decide to go home to Texas. We love it in Dallas, and since my family has relocated to London (more information HERE and HERE), it was fun to spend a few months there hanging out with them and with David's family before we made our own relocation to Palo Alto, CA. 

So, we got here and tried to move in. Luckily some brawny men helped us with the effort (Thank you, David's job!!) and it was all in our house in no time. Unfortunately, it still looked a lot like this...

So we spent the better part of a week trying to figure that all out. Also, during that week I saw this lady: 

and went to this temple: 

which was one of the most beautiful temples I have ever been to! When I was mission-ing in Oakdale, they always went to the Oakland temple and raved about it and raved about it, but I was never able to go.  After my first experience there, I completely understand why they are so in love with it. And can't wait to go back next week--for the sealing of someone I taught in Oakdale, actually! 

I also convinced David to travel to the flea market with me--which turned out to be a MASSIVE success! We needed a couple of things (desk, coffee table, and side table) and we got them all at the flea market! They look and are way nicer than anything we would have purchased at Ikea, but cost less. DEAL. The downside was that while buying things at the flea market, I conveniently forgot that my hand-me-down furniture is denim...and now our apartment looks slightly like we wish we lived on a ranch... cowhide rug, denim sofa and chair, old traveling trunk.... well, one day we will be able to afford a different sofa and then everyone can see the vision floating around in my head for our apartment.
So things look mostly like this:


family room (notice ranch-like qualities? I sure do)

 mini table and outdoor pantry!

 desk. for mom stuff, I guess. (and finishing school--of course I was thinking it!)


my friends now that David is at work all day.

Then we left all of our stuff in our apartment and went to Costa Rica with the dance crew. (Imagine America's Best Dance Crew, costumes included, and you'll have the right idea). This was less nerve-wracking because David was smart enough to get renter's insurance, so even though we abandoned our fortune in assets, we were reassured by the All-State promise that if someone should swipe all of our stuff, we could try to replace it. 

I opted out of carrying our fancy camera with us across the country and then to Costa Rica, but we were all slightly disappointed when Eric forgot his fancy camera on the plane....so I found my crappy camera and by some luck, it had a few batteries...so we got a few pictures, but really not much. Being pregnant on the family trip helped to guarantee that my beach vacation remained a beach vacation. I had to opt out of the canopy tour, surfing, and the catamaran, but at least I have a great tan!

I did not, however, have to opt out of the river ride around the national park. This turned out to be where all of our pictures were taken (I think there were a few on someone's iphone, but I haven't gotten my hands on those yet).  It took a really long time to get to the boat. We drove through miles and miles of fields on this dirt road, stopped for a bathroom break, drove on some more dirt roads, saw a few howler monkeys, were attacked by vicious mosquitoes, and finally arrived on the boat. This is where things really got exciting. Our guide fed the crocodiles raw pork on a stick--bringing the crocodiles only a few feet from the tiny boat we were on! 

Then we fed the monkeys and they were jumping all over us.  

 Poppa Blair and his monkey friend

 David feeding the greediest monkey I've ever encountered

who then proceeded to slap David's hand away when David attempted to take a mango bit  

 and put his butt in my face

 Eric was like the captain

They especially loved Scott. 


They did not take an extreme liking to Andrea or Rachelle (thus lack of pictures), and as much as they wanted to like Vickie, she didn't like them enough to want them on her back.

and I almost forgot the iguanas.

we were thrilled to see them. obviously.

Otherwise, we hung out at the beach, I tried to read "Gone With the Wind" for a second time (and only got 400 pages into it), and then we came home worn out and ready to face real life. 

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm adjusting to real life as well as David. He started training in San Francisco Monday. That meant he gets up at 5am to go for a run, while I continue dreaming, and then I get up at about 7am, throw on some clothes, and take him to the CalTrain.  Monday morning came and I realized that for the first time in my married life, I would be spending the day alone not by choice, but out of necessity. Fortunately, everything I could possibly need is within 5-7 miles of my apartment. Also, people here appreciate the ma and pa shops, so there are countless discoveries to be made. 

Well, I'm getting bored with myself...so I better save some for later. Until next time.


  1. Grrr I made a comment earlier which said "yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!" then something to the effect of you're on the blog again or something like that. It was a premature comment to the one I really wanted to make AFTER reading your uber long post.which is this: Bah ha ha ha ha ha to your ranch wanna be furniture purchases I love love it. And ha ha ha ha to the dement or picture. I love you.

  2. I didn't know you went to Costa Rica. How fun! Even when prego! I read your other blog as well and I am lovin' your new bike. I hope David is enjoying his new job. Come visit us please!!!